To enter Portuguese territory, all citizens coming from non-EU countries of the European Union must:
- have a valid document that is suitable for the purpose of the visit. This visa must be requested at a Portuguese diplomatic mission or permanent consular post abroad within an advance period of approximately 4 months prior to the completion of the registration.
- having sufficient means of subsistence for the period of their stay.
- not being subject to any alert issued in the Integrated SEF Information System (Office of Foreign and Border Protection) or in the Schengen Information System.
Students who are not from EU or EEA countries must make sure, before travelling, that they are holders of a valid health insurance ensuring medical assistance during their stay in Portugal. In particular, Brazilian students, linked to Brazilian social security, will be able to apply for the PB4 form from the relevant institution in Brazil, to benefit from health care in Portugal, on an equal level to Portuguese nationals.
Check in for a stay of more than 3 months
- registration in the municipality of the area where you will live;
- taxpayer card, requested in a branch of the Tax Office;
- a health card from the Health Centre in the area of residence;
- recognition of titles and diplomas of professional qualifications or diplomas as proof of academic qualifications.
The Office of International Relations and Academic Mobility (GRIMA) provides all the necessary information and guidance prior to a student's arrival, and concrete assistance after their arrival.
Grima - International Mobility Office
+351 210 464 760