Welcome to the Lisbon Polytechnic, an institution looking to the future!
Here is the information needed to be part of the academic community of Lisbon Polytechnic through the Special Contest for International Students.
An international student is a student who does not have Portuguese nationality.
These are students of foreign nationality other than those of a Member State of the European Union, and who are none of the following:
- nationals of a member state of the European Union;
- relatives of Portuguese or nationals of a member state of the European Union, regardless of their nationality;
- those who, not being nationals of a member state of the European Union and not covered under the preceding paragraph, have legally resided in Portugal for more than two years, uninterrupted, on January 1 of the year in which they intend to join higher education, as well as the children who legally reside with them.
- those who, on January 1 of the year in which they intend to enter higher education, are beneficiaries of the status of equal rights and duties assigned under the international treaty between the Portuguese state and the state of which they are a national;
- those who require admission to higher education through the special access and admission schemes regulated by Decree-Law No. 393-A/99 of October 2, amended by Decree-Law No. 272/2009 of October 1.
- foreign students who find themselves attending a Portuguese higher education institution, under an international mobility programme for the realization of part of a study cycle of a foreign higher education institution with whom the Portuguese institution has established an exchange agreement with that objective.
- the residence period with residence permit for study is not relevant to the condition in the third section above.
- students entering higher education under international student status who maintain the quality of international student until the end of the study cycle in which they initially signed up or to which they have transited, even if during the frequency of the cycle of studies they have been granted the status of equal rights and duties under the international agreement between the Portuguese state and the state of which they are nationals.
The following classify as the family of Portuguese or nationals of a member state of the European Union:
- the spouse of a citizen of the European Union;
- a partner with whom a citizen of the European Union lives in a de facto union, recognised by law, or with whom the citizen of the European Union maintains a duly permanent relationship, certified by the competent entity of the member state where he resides;
- a direct descendant less than 21 years of age or who is in the charge of a citizen of the European Union, or of the spouse or the direct ascendant.