Here you can find all information that allows international students to follow application procedures to study in Lisbon Polytechnic.
The application is made exclusively online.
The application fee is non-refundable and must be paid when submitting the application.
Each application corresponds to a course. If you intend to apply for more than one course, you must fill in a new form and pay a fee for each application.
The payment can be made via PayPal (directly on the online form of your application) or by Bank Transfer (in this case, the application requires verification of payment and is only considered after sending a supporting document identified with the candidate's name and application course to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Details for bank transfer
Bank name: IGCP
Account holder: Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa – Estrada de Benfica Road 529, 1500-003 Lisbon
Account Number: 1120012778
IBAN: PT50 0781 0112 0112 7782 77
Code SWIFT/BIC: IGCPPTPL
Documents required for the application (all courses)
When filling out the application, candidates should upload the following documents (PDF format, maximum size of each file - 4096Kb):
- Copy of the passport or Foreign Identity document;
- Declaration on oath, that the candidate has no Portuguese nationality and is not covered by any of the defined exceptions (minute of the statement available on the application form);
- Diploma proving a knowledge of the language in which the teaching will be conducted corresponding to B2 level according to the CEFR or a statement issued if they are to attend the course in Portuguese as a foreign language (students from official Portuguese-speaking countries are exempt);
Departments may request other documents they deem necessary.
Graduate Studies/Bachelor’s Degree
- Document proving completion of Portuguese secondary education or equivalent (ENEM with the Apostille of the Hague Convention, in the case of Brazilian students) * or, the necessary qualification documents sufficient for access to higher education in the country of origin, duly certified by the competent authorities;
- Documented proof of a Graduate Degree or legal equivalent, or scientific or professional curriculum, depending on the international student's conditions of entry;
- Details of subjects, credits, timetable, grades and final average of Bachelor's degree completion;
- Detailed Curriculum;
- Letter of motivation/Personal Statement and letters of recommendation when such exist.
The academic documents must be properly authenticated by the Portuguese consular agent in the country of origin of the diploma and/or legalized by the Hague Apostille, pursuant to the Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents signed, in The Hague, October 5, 1961. Documents shall be translated where they are not issued in Portuguese, English, French or Spanish, and approved by the consular service or presented with the Apostille of the Hague Convention by the competent authority of the State from which the document originates.
GRIMA - Office of International Relations and Academic Mobility
Attendance schedule: Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Phone: +351 210 464 760